Hide edge in selected keyframes

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gaucho

Hide edge in selected keyframes

Post by Gaucho »

Hello,
Is there a way to hide edge between two points of a vector line on selected keyframes without modifying the complete timeline.
I used the line width tool but it leaves a short 'residual' segment of the line close to the near point.
Welcome any suggestions!
Thank you!
hayasidist

Re: Hide edge in selected keyframes

Post by hayasidist »

try this:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30678

(original discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25281&p=174432 )
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

hayasidist wrote:try this:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30678

(original discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25281&p=174432 )
Thank you for it!
I am not sure about where to install "layerscript > syn_edge_hiding.lua".
Moho Pro is asking to localize it manually every time that opens a new file after the Lua Console shows several lines saying /Documents/Moho Pro/scripts/tool/syn_hide_edge.lu:138: bad argument #1 to 'impairs' (table expected, got nil)
Any suggestion?
Thank you!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

the layer script needs to be attached to the layer where you want edges to be hidden .. open the layer settings and on the general tab there's an "embedded script file" checkbox. enable that and then navigate to and select syn_edge_hiding.lua
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

hayasidist wrote:the layer script needs to be attached to the layer where you want edges to be hidden .. open the layer settings and on the general tab there's an "embedded script file" checkbox. enable that and then navigate to and select syn_edge_hiding.lua
After I checked the embedded box and choose the script, the Lua Console shows "Moho Pro/scripts/syn_edge_hiding.lua: attempt to index a nil value" in repeated windows with the same message, when I tried to close the Lua Console.
However, I unchecked the embedded script file check box, and I was able to close the Lua Console. Then, the switch folder appeared as a layer and it started working as desired (even with the unchecked box in the layer settings window).
I don't think that that is the way it is supposed to be (unchecked box) but it works fine for me!
Thank you so much Hayasidist!
Cheers!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You create the layerscript folder in your scripts folder. Using the tool will automatically embed the script in the layer, with the layer having the right name and everything expected by the script.
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

synthsin75 wrote:You create the layerscript folder in your scripts folder. Using the tool will automatically embed the script in the layer, with the layer having the right name and everything expected by the script.
Although it continues opening the Lua Console messages as I mentioned in previous posts, It's doing a great job for me!
Thank you very much Synthsin75 for the tool!
Cheers!