Moho 12: Transform point tool puts points in wrong place

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BoBo Monkey

Moho 12: Transform point tool puts points in wrong place

Post by BoBo Monkey »

Why does the transform points tool sometimes put points off to the side of where I put them? (See the video, I don't think this is the best description of what is happening but I don't really know a better what to describe it.) If you just click on a shape to create a new key frame all the selected points move around. If you type a number into the position x/y text box they don't stay where you want them to stay. This problem only effects a single layer, other layers points can still be moved around normally (0:25 in the video).
I've had this problem before so there must be something I am doing to mess up the layer but I can't figure out what I've done wrong. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution other than deleting the problem layer and creating a new one.

Moho Pro 12 file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B35Rk ... S1IT0xjU0U
The problem layer is the "eyes" layer in the "head" folder.
amanandink

Re: Moho 12: Transform point tool puts points in wrong place

Post by amanandink »

hey
From looking at your video I would guess its the smart action that you have on the layer. depending on what you have inside the smart action it can override or have conflicts with the moving of layers or points on the timeline.
try deleting the smart action and see if that fixes it
J
BoBo Monkey

Re: Moho 12: Transform point tool puts points in wrong place

Post by BoBo Monkey »

amanandink wrote:hey
From looking at your video I would guess its the smart action that you have on the layer. depending on what you have inside the smart action it can override or have conflicts with the moving of layers or points on the timeline.
try deleting the smart action and see if that fixes it
J
That is what the problem was. The vector points where not in the exact right place at the neutral smart bone position so after I moved the points it would then bump them over more for the smart bone. Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling it was an operator error because I have had this problem so many times before but never seen anyone else have this problem.