Repeating poses.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AxMonkey

Repeating poses.

Post by AxMonkey »

The basic problem goes like this: I'd like to absolutely repeat a pose from a character, very often. Characters often make a gesture, then return to the exact same pose. There should be a way to go to one layer, copy ALL the data points for that group layer, then paste them at another point in the time line. This doesn't seem possible with the program the way that it is. You can use a copy and paste for ALL layers, or you can get some of the data points for one layer pasted to another point on the time line, such as layer position, and color, but not point motion. So far, I have to go into each sub-layer, and highlight, and paste each data point, for point motion. This is painstaking, as characters often have over 30 sub layers. The current 'solution' is to start a new project, import the layer that I'd like to work on, create the move-back-to-pose, copy and paste all layers, to the new spot on the timeline, since this would work with the global command, being that there are no other layers in the project, then re-import the group layer for the character back into the project that I am working on, and then erase the original group layer. Not practical, as the character needs to return to pose a number of times, to an number of different poses. Using Anime Pro 10.1
dueyftw

Re: Repeating poses.

Post by dueyftw »

You have the option of using actions. Make the pose you want in the action and import it as reference or copy.

Dale
AxMonkey

Post by AxMonkey »

Sorry, I still don't get it. Working on frame one is a problem, and something isn't explained correctly. What I tried doing is on my long animation (taking a previous 'junk' copy, prior to the latest edits) is to go to frame 1440. It's a long animation. Then, copy the current frame to frame 1. Of course, this copies the whole document, but at least only the one frame. Then, winding back to frame one, I highlighted the group layer for the character, and tried opening the actions menu. This should have allowed me to make a morph action of the group layer, meaning the morph dial should be able to come up, at the chosen frame number, showing all the sublayers. No way. When I selected 'morph', and the button for 'new action', the group layer stops working. No morph dial comes up on the screen. I should have been able to 'paste' that pose to another spot on the timeline, but no. I refuse to try and use bones, the effect would be flat, and I do not want that. I should be able to get a pose from one spot on the timeline, to another, so that it keyframes to the nearest frame. :twisted:
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

OK. I think I know what your problem is. But I'm not sure. Can you share the file? I need to see what your doing.

For the moment, You only copy the whole of anything if you on the top layer. If you copy a key on the timeline of a child layer that will be the only layer effected.

Dale