Next /Previous Keyed frame

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

6eoff

Next /Previous Keyed frame

Post by 6eoff »

I know we can jump to keys with Alt-arrow keys but how do we bind this to a single keystroke? I'm sure it was possible in ASP but i can't remember.

thanks
Greenlaw

Re: Next /Previous Keyed frame

Post by Greenlaw »

I think that's one of the 'hard coded' ones that you can't change. There are a few other key combos I find awkward too and wish I could change. Hopefully they'll open up the Keyboard Shortcuts Editor a bit more in the future. In the meantime, you could use Autohotkey or another third-party macro program.

There's the on-screen Next/Prev Keyframe buttons. I typically work on a tablet so I find tapping those is more convenient.

On my old tablet PC, I used a program that allowed me to record pen stroke gestures to trigger commands. That worked exceptionally well back then because that computer lacked physical keys like on a Wacom. I'm considering going back to a similar gesture-based system even though I use a Wacom and have a keyboard available most the time now. I thought it was really fast to work that way. I've never tried it with a mouse though.