Issue Regarding Strokes

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chiefr_suthrland

Issue Regarding Strokes

Post by chiefr_suthrland »

Hey, how's it going guys. I just recently purchased ASP & I'm having a bit of a dilemma, nothing too big. So far, everything's working quite flawlessly...for the most part, that is. The software is "very" easy to use and I'm really enjoying it. However, I seem to be having a problem with the strokes. For some reason, I'll open up the app and make a few layers, the strokes will be working perfectly fine. Then randomly, maybe like 30 min later; on all the new layers I create, the stroke option will appear translucent, preventing me from clicking on it. Then I'll have to either reopen the project, or restart the app entirely. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem and possibly know of a solution. Thanks in advance :mrgreen:
slowtiger

Re: Issue Regarding Strokes

Post by slowtiger »

Check if you still are in frame 0 while creating.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
chiefr_suthrland

Yep. I sure am.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

chiefr_suthrland wrote:However, I seem to be having a problem with the strokes. For some reason, I'll open up the app and make a few layers, the strokes will be working perfectly fine. Then randomly, maybe like 30 min later; on all the new layers I create, the stroke option will appear translucent, preventing me from clicking on it. Then I'll have to either reopen the project, or restart the app entirely. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem and possibly know of a solution.
That sounds backwards. Upon opening ASP, both the fill and stroke options should be grayed out (unclickable). Those options are only available if you have a shape selected or are editing a saved style. Both the draw shapes and create shape tools have options to include stroke and/or fill before creating the shape. Otherwise, you need to use the select shape tool to select a shape for editing.
chiefr_suthrland

synthsin75 wrote:
chiefr_suthrland wrote:However, I seem to be having a problem with the strokes. For some reason, I'll open up the app and make a few layers, the strokes will be working perfectly fine. Then randomly, maybe like 30 min later; on all the new layers I create, the stroke option will appear translucent, preventing me from clicking on it. Then I'll have to either reopen the project, or restart the app entirely. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem and possibly know of a solution.
That sounds backwards. Upon opening ASP, both the fill and stroke options should be grayed out (unclickable). Those options are only available if you have a shape selected or are editing a saved style. Both the draw shapes and create shape tools have options to include stroke and/or fill before creating the shape. Otherwise, you need to use the select shape tool to select a shape for editing.
Well yea, that's common sense. I'm not new to editing software, I use a lot of complex software. I really don't understand why it keeps doing this...it's pretty annoying/frustrating