Masked shape outline upon rendering

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

João Miguel Real

Re: Masked shape outline upon rendering

Post by João Miguel Real »

Hi everyone,

i think i have solved the problem of the antialiasing. What was happening, in my case, was the PNG compression of the Alpha channel was a bit sloppy, showing black line on the overlaying of the shapes. So after a series of experiments the most simple solution came up, final render all frames in Targa, although the size will be considerably higher, the quality is much better than PNG, especially the alpha channel. It will keep the alpha channel hidden after you render, so if you are going to do any compositing (in After effects for example), just turn the alpha channel ON within the files, and no lines from the antialiasing will show.

The same thing applies to other cases, like multiplying shadows etc.

So i think the problem is on the file type compression you use and not on Moho it self. Of course since Moho has PNG from default to preview the rendering the line will always show in preview, but if you final render with targa, your problem will be solved.

Hope this helps, it did for me at least.

Best to you all,

João Miguel Real
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Thanks for the update, João -- it's good to share!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
chucky

Post by chucky »

but if you final render with targa, your problem will be solved
Really?
That's great news in some ways, but Targas are so ENORMOUS!
At least we know better what to report.. png rendering maybe someone can fix this , now you have got so much closer to the true culprit.