Visible Bones in Render?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

Visible Bones in Render?

Post by Little Yamori »

Is there a way to have bones visible in a render?
jahnocli

Re: Visible Bones in Render?

Post by jahnocli »

First thing I'd do is change Display Quality to "Wireframe" (bottom right of screen area), and do a screen capture...of course, if you wanted to capture a sequence, this could get tedious very quickly!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

With Ctrl+Shift+R you can record a video from the workspace. Since it's a screen recording feature, paths, bones and any element currently visible will appear in the video.
The video quality is poor though, because this feature was created to quickly check the real timing of heavy animation.

In my case, the video is temporarily saved here:
\Users\VP\Mohos\MohoContent\Moho Pro\Render Cache\
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Thank you both,

I guess I jumped the gun a little as I was looking at the Bvh 3d bone animation that was just posted in Share Your Work, I realize after I posted here that that was the effect of the script, but I managed to mimic it by simply drawing a bone shape, copying it for each bone and binding it to the bone it represents to get the same look.

Thanks again.

P.S. I guess the real motivation for attempting to copy the Bvh character rig, was that if a script can motion capture and then generate a rig that moves perfectly to human movement, then why can't one be constructed by hand. So I created a bone layout as per the sample video, and was ok with the results since it only took about 20 minutes. it was after the render that I went "Whoops!" "Can't see the bones!" But it's now done. But to get back to the important stuff, if we can create a rig that moves perfectly like said example, then the rest is what we bind to it, and off we go.....