Layers Moving When Camera Tracking

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tonypeck

Layers Moving When Camera Tracking

Post by tonypeck »

Hey guys,
There's an anomaly happening in Moho Pro that I can't figure out....I inserted a character (bone layer) into a scene and when I do camera tracking, the bone layer is moving with the tracking when it should be remaining still. This has happened with other objects too when I camera track. Any idea how to prevent this?

Thank you
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Layers Moving When Camera Tracking

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I don't understand. Isn't it normal the character "change" its visual position if you move the camera? If you want the character immune to the camera movements, then you will have to activate that option in the layer proprieties.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
tonypeck

Post by tonypeck »

I see what you're saying, but in this scenario, if a character is sitting on a chair, when I pan left the character slides off the chair. All of the other objects in the scene are stationary when panning the camera, that's why it's problematic that the character is shifting around
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

check the layer positions - especially the z value of the chair / character layers... if they're different you'd expect to see relative motion -- parallax...
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Yes, as hayasidist says, layers are organized in 3D, so the Z position will modify the way they look when the camera is moving.
It's the same logic than real life cameras (and eyes), if an object is closer to the camera, it will move faster.

Maybe this tutorial can help you:
http://blog.smithmicro.com/5-steps-to-c ... ime-studio
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
tonypeck

Post by tonypeck »

Thanks for the help guys, matching the Z value did the trick.