resizing control bones as levers...why do I..

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cabbage0896

resizing control bones as levers...why do I..

Post by cabbage0896 »

In my last post I asked how to create a control bone and received a detailed response, that has been most successful thank you New Zealand. My question now is about resizing that bone, when I do I lose one or all of the action that was set up in the actions window. Can anyone explain this? Or can't the bone be resized once it is created? making them larger works (sometimes) but smaller not at all. I have successfully resized normal bones but the control bones not so lucky. anyone?...
Greenlaw

Re: resizing control bones as levers...why do I..

Post by Greenlaw »

By 'control bones', I'm assuming you mean SBD Bones? If so, resizing an SBD shouldn't break an Action because only their rotation is read by the Action, not their size.

If other items are being affected by resizing the SBD bones, maybe you have some strength active on these bones? Normally, SBD's should not have any strength applied. But that shouldn't affect Actions, so I'm not sure.

To me, it sounds like something else is causing the problem, like maybe an errant keyframe in one of your Actions is blocking the scaled SBD's Action.