Switch layers in smart warp

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CSCorbridge

Switch layers in smart warp

Post by CSCorbridge »

Does anyone know of a way to use switch layers to form phonemes (with interpolation) for a single image using smart warp? I've been able to rig it where I can put multiple images in a switch later controlled by a single mesh layer... But to set up the mouth phonemes it seems I'd have to have several mesh layers in switch connected to a single image which I can't tell is possible. For animating mouths I prefer switch layers over smart bone dials, so I'm hoping there's a way to make this work with smart warp.
Thanks
synthsin75

Re: Switch layers in smart warp

Post by synthsin75 »

Yes, it is possible. Here's how:
  • Make a switch with as many duplicates of the image as you need for phonemes, and set it to interpolate sublayers.
  • Make a reference of this switch, delete all its images and create a vector layer with your smart warp mesh.
  • Duplicate the mesh so you have as many as you have images.
  • Rename all the smart warp layers to match the image layer names.
  • Make whatever changes you need to for each warp mesh.
  • Assign each mesh to the image of the same name. (Due to a bug, you'll probably have to close and reopen the layer settings window for each)
All done. Now when you animate from the image layer switch, this smart mesh switch will do the same thing, so it will show the matching image and mesh, interpolating as if there's only one image.
SuperSGL

Re: Switch layers in smart warp

Post by SuperSGL »

Wow, That's a great tip!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations