Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know of a way to use switch layers to form phonemes (with interpolation) for a single image using smart warp? I've been able to rig it where I can put multiple images in a switch later controlled by a single mesh layer... But to set up the mouth phonemes it seems I'd have to have several mesh layers in switch connected to a single image which I can't tell is possible. For animating mouths I prefer switch layers over smart bone dials, so I'm hoping there's a way to make this work with smart warp.
Yes, it is possible. Here's how:
- Make a switch with as many duplicates of the image as you need for phonemes, and set it to interpolate sublayers.
- Make a reference of this switch, delete all its images and create a vector layer with your smart warp mesh.
- Duplicate the mesh so you have as many as you have images.
- Rename all the smart warp layers to match the image layer names.
- Make whatever changes you need to for each warp mesh.
- Assign each mesh to the image of the same name. (Due to a bug, you'll probably have to close and reopen the layer settings window for each)
Wow, That's a great tip!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."