Array for windows etc.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

uncle808us

Array for windows etc.

Post by uncle808us »

I did a search but did not find an answer only a feature wish for array layer.
Is there a way to make an array in Anime Studio Pro 11? I want to make a bunch of windows for a building. I thank you for any answers.
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
SimplSam

Re: Array for windows etc.

Post by SimplSam »

If you mean that you want to draw a Grid, then there is a grid tool in H Shapes by @Hayasidist viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29621 (head towards the bottom for the latest (I think) v9.02) .

Also Moho 12 has a Grid drawing tool built-in.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Thanks but no I am looking to make an array of objects. Image
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

There are several ways to do this.

1. Create something on a layer, duplicate that layer.
2. Create something on a layer, copy and paste on this layer.

Both ways put more load on the processor, since it's more objects. A good trick is to arrange all the stuff you need and render it as one image and re-import this image into a copy of the project (always keep source material).
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

slowtiger wrote:There are several ways to do this.

1. Create something on a layer, duplicate that layer.
2. Create something on a layer, copy and paste on this layer.

Both ways put more load on the processor, since it's more objects. A good trick is to arrange all the stuff you need and render it as one image and re-import this image into a copy of the project (always keep source material).
But after you have re=imported this image then you could no longer adjust any of the objects correct. So doing layers and grouping and saving to > Library > my props. is my best bet if I want to adjust them in the future. Correct?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I know what you mean. When I did that 'HLF' titles thing a few years ago, I needed a lot of building windows for the cityscapes. AFAIK, there isn't a native way to automatically generate an array of shapes within a layer. (Maybe you can with a script but I'm not personally aware of any.)

I wound up creating a row of windows and then duplicating the row multiple times (enabling and adjusting the Grid size helps,) and then saving that as a 'template' to use for each new building I created. If you place enough space between the windows, you can control the 'spacing' between the windows by adjusting the line thickness. If the lines are the same color, it will look like you're scaling the size of the windows. If you also need an outline for the windows that's a different color, I guess you could enable the Outline layer effect.

Alternatively, you have Illustrator, I believe you can generate an array of shapes there and import that as an SVG.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Greenlaw wrote:I know what you mean. When I did that 'HLF' titles thing a few years ago, I needed a lot of building windows for the cityscapes. AFAIK, there isn't a native way to automatically generate an array of shapes within a layer. (Maybe you can with a script but I"m not personally aware of any.)

I wound up creating a row of windows and then duplicating the row multiple times (enabling and adjusting the Grid size helps,) and then saving that as a 'template' to use for each new building I created. If you place enough space between the windows, you can control the 'spacing' between the windows by adjusting the line thickness. If the lines are the same color, it will look like you're scaling the size of the windows. If you also need an outline for the windows that's a different color, I guess you could enable the Outline layer effect.

Alternatively, you have Illustrator, I believe you can generate an array of shapes there and import that as an SVG.

Hope this helps.
I have Affinity Designer but yeah do it there and export as svg brilliant !
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I have a similar problem, I will need lots of different buildings for a project, all with windows, but the windows need to be different from each other. I solved that in TVPaint so far, by creating layers for each element which serve as masks: one layer is the wall, one is the window frame, one is the inside. I paint with broad strokes in these masks and get different houses this way.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5