importing a hand rig into a different body rig

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Metoo

importing a hand rig into a different body rig

Post by Metoo »

Hello all,

I have created an hand rig that is fully rigged with smart bones and dials. The problem that i am having is when i import the hand into one of my rigged character the hand rig does not play well. I move the imported hand rig into the character bone layer. And i am unable to re-parent the hand bone to the characers root arm bone. Is this action that im trying to preform possible in moho? If not is there another way to preform this action to save me from having to create the same hand(and feet) for every character?
Greenlaw

Re: importing a hand rig into a different body rig

Post by Greenlaw »

Import the rigged hand under the hierarchy of the bone layer for your character. Next, copy and paste the hand bones into character's bone layer. From there, you can reposition the bones and parent the hand bone the forearm. Naturally, you'll need to be on frame 0 to do this.

If the hand bones are repositioned, you'll also want to reposition the hand art group to match the new position.

The binding for the hand should be preserved in this process.

Hope this helps.
w3rew0lfgirl_99

Re: importing a hand rig into a different body rig

Post by w3rew0lfgirl_99 »

I am I noob and was having a similar problem look here. I did something called bone layer binding.
http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30395
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30440&p=173213&hil ... ne#p173213