Can you install two different versions of Anime Studio?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AlexisWinx

Can you install two different versions of Anime Studio?

Post by AlexisWinx »

So I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but I was wondering if it's possible to install two versions of Anime Studio on my laptop while still keeping the old one?

I recently purchased Pro 8 on Amazon and I'm questioning my decision due to the fact that it doesn't have Smart Bones, which is a tool I really need. I'm considering purchasing Debut 11, but I don't want to waste my money that I spent on Pro 8 and want to try both versions. (I already installed Pro 8 )

Side question, would there be any benefits to keeping Pro 8 if I have Debut 11, or would that just be redundant? Are there any features Pro 8 would have that Debut 11 doesn't?
synthsin75

Re: Can you install two different versions of Anime Studio?

Post by synthsin75 »

Yes, you can install as many different versions of AS/Moho as you like. They will not conflict with one another. I don't know if Debut 11 can, but Pro 11 can only export to AS 9 & 10 file formats. So nothing you do in 11 can be opened in 8. That said, Pro 8 will allow you to export longer animations with higher resolution, as well as more audio tracks etc.. So you could export animations from Debut 11 with transparency and import those as movies or image sequences into Pro 8 for longer, higher res output. That way you could stitch together elements using newer features, like Smart Bones, with the fewer final output limitations of Pro 8.

It's up to you whether you think that kind of workflow is worth the effort.