Bone Question

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

monorural

Bone Question

Post by monorural »

Hi there!

I am having problems with some bones. I've put them together using the reparent bone tool (which has worked for me before), but when I switch to manipulate bones tool, the foot goes up to the elbow and won't get down, besides other strange things.

I noticed this weird points at the end of the bones (like one circles containing other four smaller ones), and think they're the cause of all. Could you please explain to me what they are? They seem to be created when I press control and click on another bone.

Thanks a lot!!

P.D.: I have attached an image here

In case the image don't work here's the link:
https://ibb.co/mF57aa
amanandink

Re: Bone Question

Post by amanandink »

Hey

The Circles with in circles at the end of a bone means it is a target bone. another bone is constrained to point at it. This will prevent you from rotating a bone that is pointed at a target.

you can check if they are target bones by selecting each bone one at a time and opening the Bone Constraints drop down menu in the upper left corner of the viewing window and under the Target: menu select <None> from the dropdown menu. You should check every bone individually and hopefully that will fix it for you.
monorural

Re: Bone Question

Post by monorural »

Thanks a lot, that solved the issue!