Shape will not fill - I quadruple checked everything.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

B-Potts

Shape will not fill - I quadruple checked everything.

Post by B-Potts »

Hello!

I'm sure there is a very simple solution to this, and I've tried to research it to no avail.

I have a path with a lot of points. Yes, I've checked to see if it's continuous - all points are connected. Yes, both stroke and fill are checked. Yes, it is the only path being selected, nothing hidden underneath. I swear I'm doing everything correct.

I'm sure somebody must have ran into this issue at some point, and I'm sure there has to be an existing thread addressing this. No matter what I do, the damn thing won't fill. It's infuriating. Now, I did try something that worked, but it involved moving every single point outward, forming a less complex shape. Only then the shape was able to be filled. Bizarre. I can't imagine this being a viable solution in every instance of a complex(ish) shape. When I say complex, I'm simply saying a path that has several points (nothing overlapping). I'm at a loss here.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
synthsin75

Re: Shape will not fill - I quadruple checked everything.

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like you're doing everything right, so I'd probably have to see the file...may be corrupted or something.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

did you use freehand to draw the path?

this can make it LOOK as though there's no overlap but there can be times when two points have TWO paths between them and/or there are two points that are on top of each other and so it looks as though there's just one.
w3rew0lfgirl_99

Post by w3rew0lfgirl_99 »

Make sure plain is selected in style and that there is no masking. One of my shapes was doing something weird and this was my fix.