Invisible layer in smartbone

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

abd123

Invisible layer in smartbone

Post by abd123 »

is there is a way to create an invisible layer in smartbone?
because I tried using the compositng effect on the smart bone it seems to work but then I tried to manipulate the bone in the mainline it doesn't work!
synthsin75

Re: Invisible layer in smartbone

Post by synthsin75 »

Do you have animated layer effects enabled in the layer settings?
abd123

Post by abd123 »

synthsin75 wrote:Do you have animated layer effects enabled in the layer settings?
I didn't but even after I did still invisible in the smartbone but in the mainline visible
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Is the invisible layer either a direct child of the bone layer or has no bone layers with bones inbetween it and the smart bone layer?
abd123

Post by abd123 »

synthsin75 wrote:Is the invisible layer either a direct child of the bone layer or has no bone layers with bones inbetween it and the smart bone layer?
This how I made my layers:

I am hiding the left eye, right eye in the smartbone and it works there but not in the mainline
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If there are any bones in your Eye bone layer, these will keep the smart bone influence from reaching the Left and Right Eye layers. If you really need bone there, you'll need to relay the Head smart bones to control Eye smart bones, which control the visibility of the Eye layer's sublayers.
abd123

Post by abd123 »

synthsin75 wrote:If there are any bones in your Eye bone layer, these will keep the smart bone influence from reaching the Left and Right Eye layers. If you really need bone there, you'll need to relay the Head smart bones to control Eye smart bones, which control the visibility of the Eye layer's sublayers.
ok, I figure out a way around it by creating a smartbone for the Eye smartbone to make the inivisble and visible of the eye and then control it within the head smartbone!