create tongue out

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

abd123

create tongue out

Post by abd123 »

I have found this viewtopic.php?p=164763#p164763 which is a nice way to create the mouth shapes without having problems with the mask and interpolation. but I don't understand the trick to have a tongue sticking out and keep it inside the mouth. any help?
synthsin75

Re: create tongue out

Post by synthsin75 »

Are you talking about making the tongue overlap the teeth, or sticking out beyond the mouth mask?
abd123

Post by abd123 »

synthsin75 wrote:Are you talking about making the tongue overlap the teeth, or sticking out beyond the mouth mask?
yes that's exactly what I want!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

To have the tongue over the teeth, but within the mouth mask, just animate the layer order (enabled in the group's depth sort tab). You may need separate upper and lower teeth layers, if you want the tongue to be behind one and over the other.

To have the tongue stick beyond the mouth, duplicate the tongue layer, place it at the top of the group, and set it to Don't mask this layer. Then you can make this layer visible when needed (enable animated layer effects in the layer settings). If you align the art in both tongue layers and hide one of the stroke segments in the duplicate, they can look connected.
abd123

Post by abd123 »

synthsin75 wrote:To have the tongue over the teeth, but within the mouth mask, just animate the layer order (enabled in the group's depth sort tab). You may need separate upper and lower teeth layers, if you want the tongue to be behind one and over the other.

To have the tongue stick beyond the mouth, duplicate the tongue layer, place it at the top of the group, and set it to Don't mask this layer. Then you can make this layer visible when needed (enable animated layer effects in the layer settings). If you align the art in both tongue layers and hide one of the stroke segments in the duplicate, they can look connected.
ok so I found a way to do it but if anyone know a way to make it much simpler and easier to do it please share it here with everyone!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Lp-C ... sp=sharing
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh, I thought you were wanting to use switch animation.
abd123

Post by abd123 »

synthsin75 wrote:Oh, I thought you were wanting to use switch animation.
The problem with the switch layer for me is that it doesn't interpolate correctly sometimes!