Difference between Preview - Workspace

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

monorural

Difference between Preview - Workspace

Post by monorural »

Hi there!

There's an issue I don't understand. I'm doing an animation with different layers for the background, varying their Z position to make it look more real. In the workspace everything is set up and looks nice, but when I press preview, one layer seems to be further down than in the other window. How can I solve this difference?

P.D.: All the tools to move around in the workspace aren't used, so it should be showing the same as in the Preview.

Thanks!
synthsin75

Re: Difference between Preview - Workspace

Post by synthsin75 »

I might have to see an example file to figure it out. Are you sure it's not the result of some complex masking setup?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I think your problem has to do with the size and the z depth. Look at the number for the z depth compared to the other elements in you scene. If you need a parallax effect then make sure it is lower or higher then the other elements. If your not after a parallax effect then just change the size. An example is making a car small to make it appear father away. Then just change the its size. But if you need the car to have a parallax effect as the camera moves then adjust the z depth.

What you see is not what you get when working with Moho. Masking and other thing don't show up or are change when rendered.
Control R, will show a render frame. Zero is set up. always check on frame 1 or further down the timeline. I also check bone and smart bone behavior on frame one or further down the timeline also.

Dale
monorural

Post by monorural »

Thanks for the replies! Moving the layer seems to have solved the problem, somehow the points were further down than in the workspace, but it showed the layer to be further up. I only had to move it and now it works perfectly again :)