How do I use the FBX Previode Mode in in Moho 12 Pro?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ilovelessons

How do I use the FBX Previode Mode in in Moho 12 Pro?

Post by ilovelessons »

Hi Guys,

I know this may seem like a basic question but its keeping my mind a bit busy. When I do an animation to preview it I just simply press the Play/Stop button at the bottom of the animation screen? Isn't this the same thing as a Preview?

However I am to understand there is a " FBX Previode Mode". Which I see in the main menu bar as View > FBX Previode Mode. However when I click on " FBX Previode Mode" only a check sign appears next to the word in the menu. Nothing else happens, is something worng with my program?

I am trying to figure out what click on " FBX Previode Mode" actually does? Shouldn't a window appear and somewhere it should say "Viewing Preview in FBX mode now".

Any ideas or comments?
synthsin75

Re: How do I use the FBX Previode Mode in in Moho 12 Pro?

Post by synthsin75 »

Preview (ctrl+R) fully renders the current frame. Preview Animation (ctrl+shift+R) renders a quick animation based on the workspace window, while Export Animation (ctrl+E) fully renders the animation.

Play/Stop is just playback. This is what FBX Preview Mode changes. In this mode, it disables features in the animation that cannot be exported to FBX. Preview animation should show this mode, if enabled, since it's based on the workspace.
ilovelessons

Post by ilovelessons »

Thanks synthsin75,

So that means if I enable FBX Preview Mode via View > FBX Preview Mode and then go to File > Preview Animation then I will be seeing what will be exported to FBX, right?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

ilovelessons wrote:Thanks synthsin75,

So that means if I enable FBX Preview Mode via View > FBX Preview Mode and then go to File > Preview Animation then I will be seeing what will be exported to FBX, right?
Basically. It will just be the workspace instead of a full render.