How to bind on bone the layer in the group? ASP 10

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lusy

How to bind on bone the layer in the group? ASP 10

Post by Lusy »

Greating everyone. I work in ASP 10 and I drew person, but each part of the body consists of several layers and are in a separate group. Now I want to bind on the bone desired layer, but I can't. I can to bind only group. Why is that? How to bind single layer in group?
on group
on single layer the bone tools are gone
jahnocli

Re: How to bind on bone the layer in the group? ASP 10

Post by jahnocli »

The first thing I'd do is change Morgan Body from a Group Layer to a Bone Layer.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Did v10 have nested layer control? In the layer settings for the bone layer, see if that option is under the bone tab. If not, then bones cannot effect nested layers in v10.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I think it did. That HLF thing I did a few years ago was done in ASP 10 and I did a lot of nesting with those characters and it's almost entirely animated with bones. ASP 9.5 might have had it too because the characters in Scareplane also had a lot of nesting--but that's too far back for me to remember exactly, and I really didn't know what I was doing in ASP at the time anyway. :P

One thing that stumped me back when I was starting out was that Layer binding a group prevented me from individually binding the contents of that group. I'm not sure that's what's happening for the OP but it's something to check.