Is there a way to ignore binding?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

strider2000

Is there a way to ignore binding?

Post by strider2000 »

I don't think there's a way to do this, but I'm hoping there is.

What I'd like to do is ignore binding for a bone movement. This would be similar to bone offset, but I'd want to do it per layer.

Scenario
So here's a basic scenario. Imagine I have 3/4 and front views of pupils in a switch layer. I want to control the pupils by binding them to a bone that I move (not a smart bone). Since there are two versions of the pupils in two different locations I'd really like to have bone positions that differ based upon the layers. So, it's like bone offset, but not exactly.

It would also be nice if that you could move a bone with bone binding turned off during animation. By combining that with point animation, you could, mid stream, have better alignment of bones and points for radical changes to the artwork for things such as foreshortening.

Like I said, I don't think it can be done now. If so, I'd like to know how. If not, I think it could be very powerful for a future version of Moho.

Thanks.
dueyftw

Re: Is there a way to ignore binding?

Post by dueyftw »

When I want to get around any binding, but still control a bone by another I will have the one bone as a slave of the other by a Master. You do this with bone controls in the 'bone concentrates' that allow one bones angle, position and scale to be controlled another.

Dale
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Interesting. I'll have to thing about that some, because I don't do a lot of master and slave bones. I think it's a little different than what I want, which is to be able to essentially bind bones during animation, but it's a good technique to think about. I know you can change the target bone during animation, but it doesn't appear that you can change the control bone during animation. Maybe I just need to play with it some.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

If anyone was following this thread and wondering how you might do this, well ... I haven't figured out how to ignore the binding during movement, but ... Victor recently shared an idea which, in essence, is exactly what I was wanting to do!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30445&p=173377#p173377

He uses multiple sets of bones and just moves them off screen. No need to rebind or ignore movement, just create multiple sets!!! Check it out, you'll love it!