Walk cycle - "mirror" and "walk in place" old settings?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stealingfeathers

Walk cycle - "mirror" and "walk in place" old settings?

Post by stealingfeathers »

Hello fellow animators.

I was watching Mike Kelly's old tutorial on the walk cycle (youtu.be/WT0yMJCfJbg). It is from 2013 and I see that the software interface had a button for "mirror" and a checkbox for "walk in place." I haven't noticed those options for several incarnations of Moho and I wondered if those quick options still exist somewhere in the software, or if something else has taken place of those. In his tutorial, the mirror and walk in place seemed like a fast path to success.

Thanks!
Ahroo

Re: Walk cycle - "mirror" and "walk in place" old settings?

Post by Ahroo »

I think you are referring to Mike Kelly's "Walk Assist" tool (later replaced with his "Swiss Army Bones" tool). Those features (mirror and walk in place) were never part of Anime Studio itself. I don't know if those tools work in Moho 12. You can get more info about them over at http://animatorsforum.com/.
stealingfeathers

Re: Walk cycle - "mirror" and "walk in place" old settings?

Post by stealingfeathers »

Ahroo wrote:I think you are referring to Mike Kelly's "Walk Assist" tool (later replaced with his "Swiss Army Bones" tool). Those features (mirror and walk in place) were never part of Anime Studio itself. I don't know if those tools work in Moho 12. You can get more info about them over at http://animatorsforum.com/.
Thanks. Yeah I see the info on it. Still can't figure out how to get Moho to "install" the script. I tried a few things based on the info in that forum discussion but it didn't work. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, since I've never tried to install a script to Moho.