Render a style color change?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

Render a style color change?

Post by Poptoogi »

Hey guys/gals,

I'm making a tutorial on morphing one character into another and I can't seem to find a way to animate style colors. Well I can but I can't control them very well. If I make a style color change in the timeline that seems to be it I there are no key frames that appear when doing this that I'm aware of. I can create a smart bone to change specific colors if they don't have a style applied to them but I was hoping to control styles themselves. Any ideas? If so lemme know!!! :)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
funksmaname

Re: Render a style color change?

Post by funksmaname »

Hey dude,
You can't control styles with smart bones currently unfortunately - they are considered 'global' values (they don't have keys in a specific vector layer)... This is something I've asked for, maybe it will be added in future :)
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

Hey Funks!
I kind of got it to work.

I noticed at 1:30 on the video keyframes appear on the timeline when I scrub though it! Let me know if you try this out and if it works for you! :)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

funksmaname wrote:You can't control styles with smart bones currently unfortunately - they are considered 'global' values (they don't have keys in a specific vector layer)... This is something I've asked for, maybe it will be added in future :)
Technically, I think you can use a Style in a Smart Bone Action, at least for the main Style Panel properties. The problem is that you can't see the keyframes on the timeline when using a custom Style so it becomes really awkward to edit.

You can, however, see a regular Style's keyframes , so the workaround for custom Styles is to copy the hidden keys using the Style Panel's Copy button, pasting them into a regular style, editing the keys there, and then copying and pasting them back into the custom Style. (Way too much trouble, IMO, but if you really need to do this...)

Anyway, yeah, I hope the Style values gets opened up too. :)

@Guyver93, I'm not sure why the keys are delayed in appearing. That does seem odd. I'll take a closer look at the video at lunch.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Huh, I hadn't noticed that. In v12.0 with no shape selected, the selected saved style keys do show on the "selected" fill and stroke channels. Those keys are only there while the saved style is selected for editing, so they aren't available to smart bone control.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ooooooooh! Nevermind. :oops:
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Hey, it was new to me too. :oops: