Next Keyframe for each bone?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Next Keyframe for each bone?

Post by SuperSGL »

This is more of a "Can I..." but, is there anyway of selecting a bone and clicking next key frame just for that bone? I know I can do this manually but thinking it would be quicker and less tedious. (maybe a ctrl - click or ctrl - arrow)
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Re: Next Keyframe for each bone?

Post by Greenlaw »

On the transport control, the last button (triangle-circle) is the Next Keyframe button. If you have a keyframe in any channel selected, it will jump to the next keyframe if it exists. The shortcut is Alt+Right Arrow.

I just now checked to see if this worked when only the bone was selected and, yes, it will still jump the next keyframe for that bone if it exists.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I see, it seems very picky - just selecting the bone in the working area can grab more than one item. But with nothing else selected in the timeline it works the way you said.
Thank you.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Clicking on a single bone shouldn't pick multiple items in your scene but it does select all the channels for that bone. Because of this, if you're trying to follow only one of those selected channels, using Next Keyframe can throw things off.

If you want to follow only one channel in the timeline using Next Keyframe, you should instead go directly to the timeline and click a keyframe in that channel.