Sound Issue

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

Sound Issue

Post by Little Yamori »

Hello All,

I've been having this problem ever since Debut 6, and am still experiencing it in AS Pro 11, I don't seem to be getting my sound rendered properly. I will bring in sound layers and they play perfectly in the .anme file, but upon rendering, they crackle awfully and break up at certain loud points in the movie file. I end up adjusting the sound levels lower at certain points in the sequencer, but then, as often is the case, the volume is then relatively low, and at times inaudible. I've seen many peoples work on this board who have just had really spot on sound, so I know it can be done, just don't know what I'm missing. I'm also assuming the really great sound you guys are getting (especially dialogs) are rendered into the movie file directly from the .anme, since I'm guessing the lips-sync was done in ASP on top of your recorded audios.

Any tips on how to correct this are greatly appreciated

LY
obtusity

Re: Sound Issue

Post by obtusity »

Just from reading the forums, suggestions from professionals seem to be:

1. Use WAV (preferably uncompressed), not MP3, although you can use MP3 for "layout" (not final) sound.
2. If you have multiple sound layers, do your mixing in an audio editor or video editor, not in Anime Studio.
3. Do your final sound in a video editor, combining your final sound with the final animation shots.

Mind you, some of this advice goes back to Anime Studio 9, so I am not sure if it all still applies.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

synthsin75 and obtusity, thanks for the responses.
obtusity wrote:Just from reading the forums, suggestions from professionals seem to be:

1. Use WAV (preferably uncompressed), not MP3, although you can use MP3 for "layout" (not final) sound.
2. If you have multiple sound layers, do your mixing in an audio editor or video editor, not in Anime Studio.
3. Do your final sound in a video editor, combining your final sound with the final animation shots.

Mind you, some of this advice goes back to Anime Studio 9, so I am not sure if it all still applies.
I've been using .wav files (recorded in ASP and or adobe soundbooth) since I'm just doing direct recording and applying the files, I don't believe (don't know if) they are compressed in any way, I'll give the mixing in soundbooth a try, but it's a little trickier with the timing when not working directly in the ASP sequencer, but I guess final sound in another program may have to be the way, since the ASP sound render is letting me down here.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I prepare my audio in Audacity and use the sequencer to slide my sound files along the timeline. I also put my mic in a small crate lined with foam to keep out ambient noise.
Actually, I keep a bunch of short narration clips which I number and put in a group folder because I stumble over my words if I talk too long! I have another group folder for sound effects.
Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

The crate with the foam is a good Idea.

So far the recording end has been ok, its when it renders that I get the crackling
tonypeck

Post by tonypeck »

I am having the same crackling issue after rendering in Anime Studio. The original audio source is WAV and sounds fine until it is rendered into a video file.
Anyone find any solutions to this yet?