Papagayo voicesync - How do I set up phonetics in moho?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rpc9943

Papagayo voicesync - How do I set up phonetics in moho?

Post by rpc9943 »

Hey

No idea how to set up phonetics in the moho -> papagayo bridge. Please help me. I did try loading the imported moho mouths, but they're not really making sense. Do I have to make a certain set of names? Why isnt there a preset for creating these layers?

Thank you everyone

RonC
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

Hey. Haven't worked a lot with this but I'll try help ya from memory anyhoo.

-In Papagayo, after you write your speech text, there's some button down the bottom to save it as a data file or something, so do that.
-Then in Moho, go to File\Import Moho object, go into the Papagayo directory and there should be a file called Mouths or something like that. Once you choose that you can select which mouth style you want and import it.
-Then go to Layer Settings of your new mouth layer, and select the tab, I think it's the last one, it should have something like "Import switch data" or something along those lines. Click that and select the file that you saved in Papagayo in the first place.

I think that's all there is to it, sorry I couldn't be more specific, this isn't the computer I animate on
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

nonono i understand all of that, and ahve done it. im saying once youre in moho how do you know what layers to create for the mouth?

do you have to name them certain things? there is zero documentation on this.

RonC
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

many users and me repeated the info on that the last month and the month before and and and...

Please, don't say there is no documentation on this, i remember well i posted several answers back to persons like you who where confused about lipsync...
(e.g. http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... o+phonemes)

So do a search containing "Papagayo" and "Phonemes" and i bet you WILL find something...
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

whoops sorry

yes i did do a search and happened to miss what you said:

It must contain the following sublayers:
AI, E, etc, FV, L, MBP, O, rest, U, WQ.

you'd think that moho would have this automatically implemented. or something :)

thanks again, and sorry for offending if I did

RonC
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

No problem. I just don't like posting the same info again and again 8)
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

is there like a script or some template that can automatically create those switch layers? i mean every character, every mouth we have to have these written down somewhere? youd assume that moho would have this covered so as to make the papagayo bridge easier...

RonC
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

Why don't you just copy the switch layer? You'd only have to make it once, unless you import one that's already made and copy that, then you'd only have to make it nonce..
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
myles

Post by myles »

Just a note: Papagayo includes a .moho file with 3 sets of mouth layers already set up and ready to import into your own character for immediate use or modification.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx