Turn OFF Pill Shaped Keyframes

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

HardikLakhalani

Turn OFF Pill Shaped Keyframes

Post by HardikLakhalani »

How to I turn OFF Pill Shaped Keyframes in Anime Studio Pro 11?
drumlug13

Re: Turn OFF Pill Shaped Keyframes

Post by drumlug13 »

If you're talking about the keys for Switch Layers, go to the Switch tab in the Layer Settings and check the "Interpolate sub-layers" box
Adam
HardikLakhalani

But in every layer! Is there Permanant solution?
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Short answer: I don't see an option in Edit > Preferences to change a default setting for this

There are a couple of different ways you can make a pill shaped key in your timeline. It's just a visual indication of a hold key. You can Alt + Mouse Drag any key to stretch it out to form the pill shape. I can't remember for sure but I think in the older versions of AS a hold key was represented with a red highlight line. I think the pill shape was added in version 10 or 11. I personally like it.

I'm just assuming you're talking about the pill shapes for Switch Layers to lay out an example. But checking the interpolation option for a Switch Layer will only change that layers channels in the timeline.

Can you share a little more information? Why do you want to change the pill shape? (I don't mean that sarcastically.) Are the keys holding too long? Is your animation doing what you want it to do and you just want to see it indicated differently in the Timeline?
Adam
HardikLakhalani

drumlug13 wrote:Can you share a little more information? Why do you want to change the pill shape?
This type of Pill Shape is Irritating:

I want this type Keyframes Permanantly:
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Thanks for the additional info.

That pill key is on your Layer Order channel. You can change it by going to Layer Settings > Depth Sort > (and uncheck) "Enable animated layer order"

But then you will lose any layer ordering that you've changed in your timeline. That's just the new way of doing things. I think when you get used to it you'll like it. Especially when you're zoomed into a shorter span in your timeline. Now we have a visual indication that there have been changes to our layer ordering.
Adam