Testing Rig in Frame "0"??

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

Testing Rig in Frame "0"??

Post by Little Yamori »

We'll just realizing how confused I am now that I'm working with Pro. Is there a way to test a standard bone rigging on frame "0" instead of frame 1 in Pro. I used to rig everything in debut 6 on frame zero, and move a bone with bound points immediately after hitting "bind points" while still in "0", but it seems pro doesn't work that way so your forced to make an unwanted keyframe on frame 1 just to test a movement. My brain says this can't be right, but so far I haven't figured out how to avoid it.

As usual thanks in advance, hope I won't have to keep asking simple questions, but I'm facing a lot of confusion with the differences in pro.

LY
synthsin75

Re: Testing Rig in Frame "0"??

Post by synthsin75 »

Manipulate bone tool.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

synthsin75 wrote:Manipulate bone tool.
Didn't work when only using a single bone

I was experimenting with a simple one bone head rig and adding smartbone dials for expressions, when I went to tilt the head it would not work with the manipulate bone tool, it only moved the shape around like translating a layer, only when I added a second bone did the manipulate bone tool work, but only on the child bone. (can't say this is an improvement)

Thank you for the help though, it made me explore it more and kept me from going nuts
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Hold the alt key to rotate a root bone.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Thanks Synthsin75,

Alt key worked perfectly. Don't know why it had to be changed from the simple way it used to work, I'm sure it has to do with some coding process mumbo jumbo etc...(Argh) but thank you, it feels like a splinter has just been removed. :D

LY
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

It was changed because, while animating, there are much fewer times you need to rotate the entire character, but there are many time to translate it, like walk cycles.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Little Yamori, congrats! Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

synthsin75 wrote:It was changed because, while animating, there are much fewer times you need to rotate the entire character, but there are many time to translate it, like walk cycles.
Well, I guess it was just bad luck on my part that I experimented with a single bone at first and got really confused in order to find this out, but now that you explained the Alt key, at least I can get done what needs to get done. Thx again.

LY

BTW 3deeguy, I'm still having a heck of a time in ASP 11 getting my dials and smart bones to behave, so things might take a little longer than anticipated (as usual) :shock: , I may actually switch the more ambitious story I was planning to a more straight forward one in order to work things out. Loving the FBF and brushes though.