Importing Giff-animations?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

svvein

Importing Giff-animations?

Post by svvein »

Is it possible to import Giff-animations? (made in photoshop/imageready)?
svvein
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

No. You can import QuickTime or AVI movies, or a sequence of still images, but not animated GIFs.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

There's probably a whole lot of ways to do this, but if you have Flash, I'll share the way I do it. It's very simple.

Import the animated gif into Flash. Flash will allocate a frame for every different frame in the gif animation. Export this "movie" as a sequence of still pictures (24bit png is usually good), and you can import this into Moho.

Depending on how the animated gif has been constructed, SOMETIMES you get unexpected results, but I've found this rarely happens.

HTH

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Well, if you animated GIF file isn't too large and has less than 1000 frames, you can upload it to GIFworks.com (look for the "Free Online GIF e-Tools" link at the top of the webdocument). After uploading your file, split your it into frames (optimize menu) and download each frame back to your computer. The frames are neatly numbered (001 - 999).

You can import the frame images into Moho, put them into a switch layer and switch the imported frame images in the Timeline Window.

BTW I've tried the Import Image Sequence script, but that doesn't seem to work on my Mac.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Or you could use a screen video capture tool, just to record the gif as it's being played back, then save as .mov or .avi and import it to moho.
myles

Post by myles »

A quick Google tuned up at least one free GIF2AVI converter:

http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000000644

I haven't tried it, use at your own risk.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx