Bone Target tutorials please?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stealingfeathers

Bone Target tutorials please?

Post by stealingfeathers »

Can someone point me to some video tutorials for how to use/apply bone targets? From beginner, intermediate and beyond...

Thanks
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Bone Target tutorials please?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I made a webinar about that topic, covering simple and complex uses of targets. Sadly, the audio is bad (because I wasn't enable to get a better mic that day) and my accent doesn't help.
But if you are brave enough, you can watch it anyway :wink:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
stealingfeathers

Oh thank you! I will be brave. I live in a Spanish-speaking community so I'm used to hearing accents. ;-)
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I just re-viewed it. Despite the poor microphone and the "ice-skating walrus" impressions of the mic being too close to the mouse, it's a great tutorial.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
stealingfeathers

I've been following the tutorial using my own character. By the way, the sound is fine and your accent isn't a problem. :-) I am having trouble early in the tutorial. At time stamp 12:00 you show that the foot moves independently after clicking the "Independent Angle" box. I clicked that box for my feet bones and now my feet bones are locked (I can't move them at all). If I un-check the "Independent Angle" box, I can move my feet bones again. They don't respond they way you show in the lesson. What am I doing wrong? Anime Studio Pro 11.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

jahnocli wrote:I just re-viewed it. Despite the poor microphone and the "ice-skating walrus" impressions of the mic being too close to the mouse, it's a great tutorial.
Hehe, thanks. I have a Tablet PC where I draw directly in the screen. The model I used for this webinar had the mic too close to the screen. I didn't take that in count, because the mic of my previous computer (which was the same one, but an older model) worked well.
stealingfeathers wrote:I've been following the tutorial using my own character. By the way, the sound is fine and your accent isn't a problem. :-) I am having trouble early in the tutorial. At time stamp 12:00 you show that the foot moves independently after clicking the "Independent Angle" box. I clicked that box for my feet bones and now my feet bones are locked (I can't move them at all). If I un-check the "Independent Angle" box, I can move my feet bones again. They don't respond they way you show in the lesson. What am I doing wrong? Anime Studio Pro 11.
I'm happy the tutorial is useful. About your problem, try testing the rig on frame 1 or beyond. That should work.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
stealingfeathers

Oh I see. Duh, I didn't notice that you were off of frame 0 for that maneuver even though I went back over that part three times. Ugh. Well anyway, this is great. It took me TOOOOO long to try targets. I love the stretching effect. Still working on the tutorial - it's a long one and I'm taking it in small bits.
DrawMonkey

Post by DrawMonkey »

Hello.

I'm having the same problem whether I'm on the 0 frame or in the animation timeline.

Cheers.
May the Schwartz be with you... always.