Background for Selknam ??

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Background for Selknam ??

Post by SuperSGL »

I leave the default on to load all the new characters in ASP11, when the Selknam opens it has a blue background with a texture. I finally figured out how to recreate this effect but I cant for the life of me figure out why. :?

Fill is set to dark blue (no effects) The stroke is on fill color (a grey orange) with the alpha set to 42. The width set to 10 with a brush applied, (the settings for the brush don't seem to matter) in fact I re created this with the stroke box unchecked but left the same settings as above.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Background for Selknam ??

Post by Víctor Paredes »

If you look on the File - Project settings, you will see it has a Noise grain value of 10.
Default projects have 0, which means there is no noise grain at all. The max is 128, which is a lot of grain.
That's all the trick ;)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
SuperSGL

Re: Background for Selknam ??

Post by SuperSGL »

It looked like nothing was checked or changed at first glance, didn't even notice that thank you. Makes more sense than what I thought! phew.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations