HOW DO I FIX BLURRY PIXELATED RENDER

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zjjt

HOW DO I FIX BLURRY PIXELATED RENDER

Post by zjjt »

hey guys i dont know if i should have posted this in the bug section or not but anyway i hope you guys can help me figure it out...i am using anime studio pro 10 and i am making an animated videoclip which will have to be in hd...usually when i render animations its allright but this time around it all looks messed up and pixelated and blurry...when the images are not activated it renders fine but when the images are on....well see for yourself
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOM__77ih9M[/youtube]

how to fix this ?if i cant render the scene as it is can i render in two seperate videos i mean one for the characters with a transparent background and one for the background? If yes how do i make video background transparent for composition? here's a screenshot of my AS project

my project uses z depth and large png images.

Normally i should get this quality as in the render window
zjjt

Re: HOW DO I FIX BLURRY PIXELATED RENDER

Post by zjjt »

it seems exporting in avi uncompressed does the job but can i get a hint why mp4 renders that bad with this project? :(
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

That's compression artefacts from a bad choice of codec. Use h.264 with a quality setting of at least 75%, the result should be much better. Also Youtube likes certain dimensions best, use 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080px, 24, 25 or 30 fps.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
zjjt

Post by zjjt »

Thanks for answering...So how do i change the codecs in AS ? the video was rendered in full hd 1080p but in mp4 it gave this you just watched on youtube...it was exported from the software as MP4 h264.AAC
zjjt

Post by zjjt »

i think i figured it out i was using the 64bit version of the software in which theres no quicktime export which lets you choose between export format like h264 or whatever...i switched obviously to the 32bit version that seems to fix the problem for now
Tumzo

Post by Tumzo »

Hey guys. I found this topic and i have a problem with exporting animation too.
I use 64 bit Anime studio pro 11. I imported art from a .psd file, animated it, and when exported there were some trails and glitches on one place only. It's just a small trail, that image leaves behind after it moves and a part of it dissapears for a while. The trail dissapears soon, but it can be seen and it looks bad. Here is screenshot:

The animation was exported in mp4 format. I don't want to export .avi file, because it would be too big.
I hope you guys can help me. Take care.