Any way to Temporarily Disable Camera Movement?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jayfaker

Any way to Temporarily Disable Camera Movement?

Post by jayfaker »

Okay, I just started using Anime Studio Pro as a serious tool pretty recently, but I am using it on a professional project. One thing I would really like would be the ability to have 2 separate cameras. Not as multiple cameras to animate(which would be cool too), but at least in addition to the animated camera, a "work" camera that I can move around the scene, and keep static while I focus on the character animation.

I'm resorting to using a separate project to focus on character animation, but I'd rather do it where all the scenery is for reference. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Jim
Greenlaw

Re: Any way to Temporarily Disable Camera Movement?

Post by Greenlaw »

Don't know if this is what you need but you can navigate the viewport independently of the camera motion by using the controls below the Camera tools in the toolbox section called Workspace. When you need to snap back to the camera view, choose Reset from the View menu. This doesn't actually move the camera, it just resets the view to match the camera's view.

If you need to navigate and look at the two views independently of each other, choose one of the multi-view layout options under the main viewport. For example, choose the side-by-side double pane, and use the panning tool in the right viewport--it should move independently of the camera view in the left viewport. Now try it with the zoom tool. (You may, of course, use the mouse to navigate the view independent of the camera too.)

Hope this helps.

G.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I often use the above when I'm working in scenes that have veeerrrrry long pans and zooms in it. Another use is when I'm working in multi-plane setups--then I may set one view to be the camera view and set the other view in perspective mode so I can see the spatial relationship between the layers.

G.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

I totally agree with Jim. And using the workspace view doesn't solve it.

Sometimes, we need to work on a sequence without the camera movements that we already defined. This option is really lacking.
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

Yeah. I mean, you can break the lock to the camera move using the orbit tool, but it jumps to a 45 degree angle and then you have to move the view all the way back to where it was in 2D space. I guess it works, but having to do that every time is kind of a pain. Maybe that's why having the camera(s) as a layer would be nice, so you could just use the eyeball to show and hide them at will. Hmmmm....
rrahh

Post by rrahh »

I rarely use the build in camera, i put all the elements of my scene in one "camera folder" and move or scale it to pan or to zoom.
Doing that you have the ability to disable your camera movement temporarily, just take the scene outside the camera folder.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Not a bad idea Raah! thanks
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Sometimes I grab all camera keyframes and shift them behind scene end. But this method is clumsy at best and difficult when in timeline zoom view.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

For the first time, I'm actually setting up my project properly and prepare evrything on frame 0. I won't go beyond until all is drawn so hopefully it won't be an issue.. About to create some smart actions now :)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Try this, go to View>Direction>Front and then zoom in to the point you want.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

selgin wrote:Try this, go to View>Direction>Front and then zoom in to the point you want.
Ah yes... there it is. Thank you for that.

*Slowly exits the room to get the manual.*
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Actually I take back my comment on this thread. "immune to camera movement" in the layer setting, checked for the master group works great.