how to put vector layers in group layers?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sun

how to put vector layers in group layers?

Post by sun »

Hello. How can i put vector layers in group layers? since i work with the programm i select all and drag them into the group layer. in a tutorial with victor paredes i saw that there may be another method. Especially when vector layers r too far away from group layers the drag n drop thing is a long jouney. im looking for something like: selecting a layer, pressing a computer key and :shock: there the layer is part of the group above.
3deeguy

Re: how to put vector layers in group layers?

Post by 3deeguy »

I'm interested in learning selgin's method also. What I do when layers are too far apart is change the layer colors.
Cheers, Larry
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I'm interested too :roll:
Sincerely, I don't remember doing anything like that. Can you post the tutorial to try to solve the mistery?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
sun

Post by sun »

Ok. It seems that there is no other selgin-method :lol: . Although in this video seems to show it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Etv_pEQI_o
(Anime Studio Webinar - Special Techniques and Tips to Speed Up Your Workflow. In youtube)

Time: 32:25. I dont see the extended drag n drop thing of the mouse.

Bad luck. I hate :evil: the drag n drop method in larger files.
sun

Post by sun »

Thanx for your answers
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

sun wrote:Ok. It seems that there is no other selgin-method :lol: . Although in this video seems to show it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Etv_pEQI_o
(Anime Studio Webinar - Special Techniques and Tips to Speed Up Your Workflow. In youtube)

Time: 32:25. I dont see the extended drag n drop thing of the mouse.

Bad luck. I hate :evil: the drag n drop method in larger files.
Sorry, it's just the screen recording delay. I dragged all that layers.
Anyway, you can select and drag several layer using Shift or control. Also, if you have selected a layer inside a group/bone, all the new layers created will be inside that same group.
Also also, in AS10.1 you can copy and paste layers. It doesn't work for what you want, but it's great for moving layers from one project to another. For example, to update a rig which is used in several scenes.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

sun wrote:Especially when vector layers r too far away from group layers the drag n drop thing is a long jouney.
I had the same problem on my first big project.

Instead of dragging multiple layers and trying to scroll up to put them into a Group layer, I created the Group layer directly above the vector layers. I put the vector layers into the group and then dragged the group layer where it needed to be. It's a lot easier to move one group layer than it is to move many vector layers.