Smart Bones Dial Going Wrong

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CraftyGrafty

Smart Bones Dial Going Wrong

Post by CraftyGrafty »

I created a bone to use as a dial for blinking eyes. In frame 1 I moved the bone dial to the left where I wanted the eyes to be open before moving to the next frame and moving the bone dial to the right and closing the eyes. When I go to mainstream and move the dial to test it out it doesn't move like I want it to.

When I move the bone dial to the left the eyes are closed and when I move it to the middle they're open, when I move the dial from the middle to the right the eyes jump from open to close. I plan to use the dials A LOT so if anyone could tell me where I'm going wrong I'd really appreciate it.
steveryan2

Re: Smart Bones Dial Going Wrong

Post by steveryan2 »

CraftyGrafty wrote:n frame 1 I moved the bone dial to the left where I wanted the eyes to be open before moving to the next frame and moving the bone dial to the right and closing the eyes. When I go to mainstream and move the dial to test it out it doesn't move like I want it to.

When I move the bone dial to the left the eyes are closed and when I move it to the middle they're open, when I move the dial from the middle to the right the eyes jump from open to close. I plan to use the dials A LOT so if anyone could tell me where I'm going wrong I'd really appreciate it.
Do you have just one action or two? When I create a a smart bone dial it creates two actions. For example I might create a bone dial that I name "Blink". Two actions are created automatically: Blink and Blink 2.
Blink - Whatever animation you create in this action will occur when moving the bone dial from center to the left
Blink2 - Whatever animation you create in this action will occur when moving the bone dial from center to the right.
CraftyGrafty

Re: Smart Bones Dial Going Wrong

Post by CraftyGrafty »

I think I understand where you're coming from, I just have one action. I created the bone and moved it to the left which is where I had the eyes open and then moved it to the right where I had the eyes closed.