Shortcuts in V10.1

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nicohk92

Shortcuts in V10.1

Post by Nicohk92 »

Hello All.

I just started a mini little animation segment for my own pleasure and after updating to V10.1 (by reinstalling asp again cause the update function gave me an "update error"), I can't seem to find my usual shortcuts.

It's either memory pb from me or something about the new version but I remember being able to jump in the timeline from keyframe to keyframe. ctrl+alt+l or r, or shift+alt+l or r if I recall.

There was also a shortcut to jump back to frame 0, and back again to the previous place but I forgot what it was (shift+ command + something).

Since I'm at it, this could be a good place to ask all of you what shortcuts you find useful and recommend using (besides the most obvious tool ones like t, q, g etc...)

btw, I'm on mac

Thank you very much
Nicohk92

Re: Shortcuts in V10.1

Post by Nicohk92 »

Ok so the back to 0 is still shift+command + D and is now called design mode.

Still unsure looking for the "next keyframe" shortcut. Useful to check for lost keyframes hidden off to the right of the timeline.

As for my most used shortcuts,

the resize view to fit: fn + L arrow

Scrolling the timeline left and right: holding control and drag click on timeline

That's all I can think off right now but I'll come back with more in order to make this thread a bit more interesting.
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

If you go to Help > Edit Keyboard Shortcuts...

You can find all the shortcuts available, plus you can customize them as you like. :mrgreen:
macnavi

Post by macnavi »

Back to 0 is shift-arrow left on a Mac.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

macnavi wrote:Back to 0 is shift-arrow left on a Mac.
Design mode is different. It's like the old "two way ticket" script. For example, you are working on frame 300 and you notice you need to fix or add something in frame zero, so you use the Design mode shortcut. Once you are done, you press the shortcut again and you will be back on frame 300. That's the idea.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
macnavi

Post by macnavi »

Brilliant, I didn't know that one yet. That's what happens when you use certain software for such a long time. You miss new features.