How do I use DV Export Codecs?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rhoel

How do I use DV Export Codecs?

Post by Rhoel »

At the present time, the choices of output are wither Full AVI uncompressed (big files) or opne of the "old" codex such a Radius. Most of the modern video packages support the later DV codecs.

On this machine I have several good DV codecs but they do not show up in the output options. Is there a way of selecting one of these - do I need to copy and paste from one bin to another.

If it cannot be done, then can this be addressed - Moho makes great work but the export of no compressed forces a lower quality. With HDV codecs already on their way, this selectability which will become an issue.

Rhoel
box

Post by box »

What about using Quicktime? Here you should be able to use any Codec QT delivers, including DV (or better, a lossless codec like animation).
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

I usually use the Quicktime without compression and use that in my video editing package and export to DV later, I suppose many animators use Moho's output as building blocks and try to keep the highest (non-compressed) quality. However, a straight DV output would be good but I believe this has something to do with the architecture of Moho and cross platform compatibility. VFW (Video For Windows) not being supported for instance.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com