For commercial use?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

aji

For commercial use?

Post by aji »

Anime studio package is shipped with hundreds of animation files (.anme files)
Can we use this files for commercial use. For example creating animation shorts and selling vcd format or telecasting using these files
please reply

aji
hayasidist

Re: For commercial use?

Post by hayasidist »

check the licence agreement in (e.g.) C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 10\readme\License.txt

what I think you're asking is "if I use the CW and other stuff (="Restricted Content") I buy along with the released AS in animations that I make and plan to sell is this a legitimate use"? and I think the following clause in the licence says "yes it is as long as you just use the Restricted Content".

from the licence:
"Legitimate Uses" means (a) creating tutorials, books, or other educational materials using images of the Software interface or Content for sale, distribution, public display, or public performance, provided such materials are intended to educate users as to use of the Software; (b) creating original Content for sale, distribution, public display, or public performance; (c) creating materials for use with either Restricted Content or Other Content; (d) creating rendered animations or rendered still images based on Restricted Content contained with the "Character Wizard" feature of the Software; or (e) creating characters or props based on Restricted Content in proprietary file formats (meaning, MOHO, ANME and any subsequent/compressed formats), where the original (or modified) art, texture or other Restricted Content files are not distributed with such characters or props.