To work with windows xp

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

aji

To work with windows xp

Post by aji »

Hi every body
Thanks for your earlier support
I wish to buy anime studio 10. Is it work well in windows XP. i think Windows 7 or 8 is not flexible for my workflow
Please share your thoughts and experiences
Thanks advance
aji
synthsin75

Re: To work with windows xp

Post by synthsin75 »

The only feature I have found that doesn't work on Windows XP is the Preview Animation feature.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

please be aware that microsoft will not support XP from 8 April 2014. see: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/wind ... pport-help They say that your machine will still run but that that there will be no more updates so you "might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses"...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Yes yes yes... you really really really REALLY need to update Windows from XP. At least to 7 if you hate 8. 7 will still be updated and supported for a while and isn't horrible.

Microsoft has already said that exploits after XP support is dropped will probably increase by something like 40%... it might be higher than that.

The issue is that since MS will still be releasing updates for 7 and 8 and win 7 and 8 are really not that much different from XP, bad, mean, nasty people with darkness in their hearts and souls, will simply reverse engineer those updates to figure out what won't be fixed in XP.

XP will never ever be fixed again, no more security patches, so it will just get increasingly more vulnerable and this will just get worse and worse. Even Microsoft admits this will happen, but they just can't continue supporting a more than 10 year old OS.

Unfortunately XP is still about 29% of all Windows systems installed world wide. They estimate that it could take a year or two to get rid of XP. That is why this transition is going to be a bit rough on MS. They will have to deal with a ton of bad press when these systems start getting whacked by the bad people with dark souls.
aji

Post by aji »

Thanks for reply
especially for heyvern
Heyvern is generous to give detailed answers
thanks again
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

You don't have to connect it to the internet (did I say that out loud?)
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?