White lines

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MousePelt

White lines

Post by MousePelt »

Hi! I have a problem with my character. I have hidden some points, and when I click "preview", a white outline appears where the points once where. This only happens in the preview window, and not in the actual workspace.
How can I fix this?
(It's only on his front leg though)
sbtamu

Re: White lines

Post by sbtamu »

Delete the shape for that leg and then make it again. Sometimes there is multiple fills on one shape. If this does not work you can try other things.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
MousePelt

Post by MousePelt »

I tried that,but it didn't work. What else can I do?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

If you do not mind sharing the anme file I am sure we can fix this w/o having to use patches.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Which version of Anime Studio are you using?

These white lines seem to have been fixed at some point. I am using the latest 9.5 version but it may have been fixed in 9.1 or 9.2 updates... just checked and I don't see those lines in v9.2. I don't have any version earlier to test.

If that isn't an option, you can try adding some extra points at the top of the leg. as well as "hidding" the edge, you use the width tool and reduce the point width to 0 on the hidden points and the point on either side of the hidden edge at the top of the leg. This should reduce the white edge and also the stroke width will taper.

Not 100% sure that trick will get rid of the line but it might. It's been a while since I had to deal with this.
Waan

Post by Waan »

Check your mask settings, there's a conflict with the layers there most likely. Otherwise it's what others have suggested already.
MousePelt

Post by MousePelt »

I have anime studio debut 8,if that's what you mean.
I'll try those things.
And how can I post the file here?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

A couple of months ago I ran into a similar problem. In my case, I had somehow pasted a copy of a shape on top of itself and the lower shape had a different line style applied. Because of this, when I tried to change the style, it appeared that only part of the style would have any effect on the shape, which made me nuts until I figured out what had happened.

To check this, try selecting the shape using the Shape Select tool and then drag it off to one side using the Translate Points tool to see if there's another shape beneath it. If it so, delete one of the shape copies; if not, Undo the translation.

G.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

or maybe you've created two shapes using nearly the same set of points - try "delete shape" (but NOT delete points) to get just the path then "create shape" for the fill/stroke you want.
MousePelt

Post by MousePelt »

Thanks everyone! I fixed it!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Soooooooo...don't keep us in suspense. What was the problem and solution?

G.
MousePelt

Post by MousePelt »

It turned out I had a bunch of shapes. But I deleted them, and the problem was fixed!