animation problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

phillyd023

animation problem

Post by phillyd023 »

Hi, learnining AS Pro 9 right now.

I just learned how to get a poser scene in to AS Pro9. I did it using
Poser 9/ Scripts / utilities / collectsceneinventory

No idea right now what it all means, but it worked!!!!

I did a quick test and made an animation where the parrot moved his head up. When I click on the bird to change his Pose the objects turn to the square blocks (much like in Poser sometimes). the problem is that when I play the animation the bird turns to those blocks again during the animation, how do make the bird stay looking like the bird?

I am new to the animation and I still have many tutorials still to go, however, getting this parrot into AS was HUGE for one of the project I want to work towards and getting the animation to stay correct right now would be VERY encouraging for me!!

Kind of excited!
jezjones29

Re: animation problem

Post by jezjones29 »

it should only look like that when you play the animation within Anime Studio - the final render will be fine - it saves a lot of computing power this way.
phyfutima

Post by phyfutima »

Hi, I know this thread is old, but it's the closest I could find on the forum to the problem I'm having.

As a test, I imported a Poser 11 Pro stock character (Andy2) into Moho Pro 12 and did a simple animation using the Poser Parameters window in Moho. The animation runs smoothly, but the character looks de-rezzed during the animation, no matter what I do. It's not just when viewing the animation within Moho -- previewing the animation it looks de-rezzed, and exporting the animation the figure disappears entirely.

Here are screen grabs to illustrate.

This is what a still frame looks like in Moho (and it's how, for the purposes of this test, I'm trying to get it to look when animated):

This is what the same frame looks like in Preview Animation:

And this is the same frame using Export Animation:

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks!!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Preview Animation is suppose to be low quality, and 3D are more so. Disabling GPU acceleration may help this a bit.

As far as exporting animation, the first thing I'd try is disabling multi-threaded rendering.
phyfutima

Post by phyfutima »

Hi, thanks for the reply! So, I tried disabling multi-threaded rendering, and the export has the same problem -- the Poser figure just doesn't show up at all.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

What do you see when you just Preview (ctrl+R) the frame? If it's the same as export, make sure it's set to render that layer, visible, etc..
phyfutima

Post by phyfutima »

When I preview the frame, it looks correct -- here's the previewed frame: