Get back all the export formats that I used to have?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SpaceBoy64

Get back all the export formats that I used to have?

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I just upgraded to AS Pro 9, but I'm finding that my choice of export formats has dramatically diminished. QuickTime is no longer an option, which I'm very unhappy about, and I have very few codecs to choose from for AVI format. Usually my format of choice was QuickTime Animation codec.

I am looking for a codec that will be compatible for people with Macintosh computers.

I found the DIVX and XVID codecs online and I have those now as choices, but I would really like QuickTime back again. AS Pro 8 still lets me render to QuickTime.

Also, AS Pro 9 crashes after exporting an AVI.

What can I do?
JCook

Re: Get back all the export formats that I used to have?

Post by JCook »

Do you have Quicktime installed on your computer? If not, then the codec isn't there and ASPro can't use it. If you have an older version of Quicktime, then maybe it needs to be updated. If the codec is there ASPro 9 should see it.

Jack
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I do have QuickTime, and AS 8 Pro can export QuickTime just fine. Do I have to have QuickTime Pro in order to save movies?

I will try downloading the latest version and see if that helps. This is just one of formats that is missing. Where is Photo JPEG? I tried saving in some of the available codecs, but got error messages on most of them.

Thanks,
-Don
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

The 32bit version of AS9 should be able to use QT just fine.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I thought it should too, but it's not working. I can't see why it wouldn't, except that AS9 is 64 bit and QuickTime is not, I don't know. I think that may be the case. I just checked and QuickTime is NOT a 64 bit program, and I do have the latest version, but not the Pro version. AS9 x86 version does indeed work with QuickTime.

Before I installed DIVX and XVID, I had almost no options for exporting video other than CinePak. I guess I'll just have to use the 32 bit version if I want to export movies.