Does anyone know how to move all layers at once in 3D?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

biblesinger

Does anyone know how to move all layers at once in 3D?

Post by biblesinger »

Not enough subject space to ask correctly, but does anyone know how to move all layers at once without some of the shapes freaking out (i used the 3D perspective tool on some of them, if that helps)? I've searched for an answer and maybe i'm looking for the wrong one or asking the question incorrectly, but i'm a newb who's trying to get a bookcase, made up of about 10 objects/layers, to simply move to the right without half of the objects mis-aligning themselves with the other objects of the bookshelf. Does "field of depth" have something to do with this? I've tried several things but they still become disjointed (perspective wise) when i select all the pieces to move them as one. Please don't tell me i have to move all of the objects/layers manually one by one to the new location and that i should have made sure to put the bookshelf in the right position from the get go :? . Anyway, thanks for any help you can give. I can't go any further till i fix this.

Blessings..
Tim
videodv

Re: Does anyone know how to move all layers at once in 3D?

Post by videodv »

Have you put all the seperate layers into a group layer? then move the group as a whole.

Regards
Chris.
biblesinger

Post by biblesinger »

Yeah, already tried that. They all move together, but their 3D shape changes as i move them (depth wise), so by the time i've dragged them to the furthermost right side of the screen area, they've all changed somewhat.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Sounds like the common 3D distortion. Try to move the camera furtehr away from your objects, then adjust the zoom to maintain the same frame.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
biblesinger

Post by biblesinger »

Yeah that makes sense. Let me go try that. Thanks mucho Slowtiger!!

Tim