Suddenly Blank

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jude

Suddenly Blank

Post by Jude »

I've been experimenting with Moho for a few weeks and all has been going well, but tonight I did an assembly of a character on a background on frame 0 and for the life of me I can't get anything to display on any frame except that one. The work area is completely blank.

I have re read the tutorials I've done so far, quit and restarted Moho. made a new project and tried again (same results) and done a search here in the forums for an answer (as well as in all the preferences and settings I can think of)

I am importing PNG parts and assembling them in a single bone layer - although the background - a wall and a table, both pngs, are just layers on thier own and also do not show up on the timeline... although they did in the previous incarnation of the project...

I realise it's probably some simple setting I am overlooking .. does anyone know what it might be?

cheers
"In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded." Pratchett.
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Perhaps you could post the .moho file and somebody could take a look at it. Contacting lost marble support might be another alternative. In my experience they're very good about getting back to you.

Regards,
Dave
Max Power

Post by Max Power »

I cant be sure without looking, It seems like you have all of your "Parts" in the bone layer, but you have not bound them to the bone. This will cause it to dissapear when youre not on frame 0. Try binding the points or binding the layers to the bone layer and see if it helps.

Just a guess...

Max Power
Jude

Post by Jude »

I think it may have been some sort of corruption. After three attempts last night I finally got one that worked fine, for no reason that I can see that was different.

How do I post a file so that the images come with it - does Moho need a specific path to find the images when they arrived at someone else's computer?
myles

Post by myles »

In summary, keep them in the same folder.

For more details, see the FAQ entry for image locations.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Jude

Post by Jude »

ta.