A question about using image Textures

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

A question about using image Textures

Post by sargumphigaus »

So i recently started trying to dabble in Image textures for background and character skins and what not. It looks really awsome when everything is in place. There's a problem though, If I use more than three image textures, the software slows down to a crawl where the program becomes utterly unusable. Is there any tricks to bypass the system slowing down or do I basically have to A: animate in the dark with everything turned invisible or B: Completely fragment the files to save on space? I've seen videos where people use this feature successfully so I know it can be done. I'm just really confused as how to make it work. Any help would be appreciated.
drumlug13

Re: A question about using image Textures

Post by drumlug13 »

Have you tried checking the "Fast Buffer" box in the pop up "Display Quality" menu?
When working with bigger files, especially when you get to the animating part, I usually switch off "Antialiasing" and turn on "Fast Buffer". That seems to speed things up a bit.
Adam
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

drumlug13 wrote:Have you tried checking the "Fast Buffer" box in the pop up "Display Quality" menu?
When working with bigger files, especially when you get to the animating part, I usually switch off "Antialiasing" and turn on "Fast Buffer". That seems to speed things up a bit.

I didn't know such an option existed. This very well could be the solution to all my problems. When I get home from work, I'm gonna jump on this and give it a shot. I very much appreciate your help sir. Thank you.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Not a problem. Hope it works .... keep the Thwomps coming, they totally crack me up.
Adam
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

drumlug13 wrote:Not a problem. Hope it works .... keep the Thwomps coming, they totally crack me up.
it worked, and you know, you didn't just help me with a simple problem, you helped me with a plethora of problems that've been hounding me since day 1. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onwards and upwards. Sky is now the limit!