Problem accessing Actions Tool Window

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RandyUSMCret1

Problem accessing Actions Tool Window

Post by RandyUSMCret1 »

Hi,
Complete newbie to Anime Studio, but having fun and making progress through trial and error and various tutorials.

Issue: I cannot pull up the Actions window either by the drop down menu on the tool bar or with Control K. I’ve created a few objects and set up the bones, and I’m simply trying to create some simple movements to save.

All other windows and tools become visible when a check mark appears beside the category except for Actions.

I’m probably overlooking something very simple, but thanks in advance for any assistance on how to access the Actions tool and window.

Version Anime Studio Pro 9: installed the available updates to version 9.2
Windows 7: Operating system
Problem occurs in both 32 and 64 bit modes

Thanks again for any assistance or suggestions.

Randy
rocky53204

Re: Problem accessing Actions Tool Window

Post by rocky53204 »

If you hold the control key down and at the same time press the K key it should appear. (Pro version) Not sure if this feature is supported in Debut version.
If it does not you have a bad install. Let me know if this helps.
RandyUSMCret1

Post by RandyUSMCret1 »

Thanks Rocky

Neither the pull down menu or Control K worked. The problem apparently turned out to be some registry conflict after installing Pro 9 from the purchased CD and then immediately installing the 9.2 update. I had several positive communications directly with Anime services but nothing brought the window up. This morning my youngest grandchild, 7 years old, was making a little bear her older brother had drawn turn flips and had the Actions window up. All she could remember was that she changed something using the registry editor because "the bits were not playing nice with each other."

This old Marine is just happy that kids are often smarter than adults, and I'm looking forward to see what they create with this software. Thanks again for the input and best to you and yours.
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Just a word of caution... the registry editor is one of the prime places to really screw up your machine, do be careful.
I am assuming the system flashed your 7 year old an indication of the problem and offered a 'push this button' solution.
Under ordinary circumstance only highly trained/qualified people should use the registry editor.
RandyUSMCret1

Post by RandyUSMCret1 »

Rocky, great addition about the potential danger of messing with the registry. I’m an old graduate of Georgia Tech back when the College of Computing used to be called the School of Information and Computer Science and after my retirement from the service taught a few courses there as an adjunct.

Technology has really changed since my day, and I always preferred working with hardware as opposed to programming or software issues so my computer knowledge is outdated in many respects. However, many years ago, I heard words of wisdom from a Prof which I knew but often neglected and fortunately never experienced the consequences, and his words are timeless. If a file is not worth backing up, it is not worth saving as he lost some of his own work.

Since then whether I build the system or not, I set up multiple backups of everything including files and the registry. One of these days, I’ll compare the present registry with the backup. This little girl though can already work algebra problems, reads anything she can find, and unless she is playing soccer is never without a book in her hands or drawing pictures or diagrams so until I have a “lazy” day in retirement this dumb old mule will just enjoy watching and try to encourage her and the other kids to challenge themselves and to learn from any mistakes they make. Luckily, these kids are smarter than I was when Dad and Mom told me the same thing ages ago.

Again Sir many thanks for the caution and adding it so that others are aware to the potential dangers. Best to you and yours.