physic problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Maxwell

physic problem

Post by Maxwell »

so i was playing with the follow path tool and physic to create some sort of rotation that i find really cool but here is the problem. it renders it out completely different from what key frames have been set to it
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xx3xjc this is the original file and in it you can see that it looks all right it moves in a complete circle but it renders it out like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQtB5pfR ... e=youtu.be

as you can see it is nothing like what the keyframes that are set
Poptoogi

Re: physic problem

Post by Poptoogi »

I'm looking at your file now Maxwell and I'm not exactly sure why it's doing that but I THINK it might have something to do with the origin point on layer 4. Everything is lined up and centered correctly on your creation frame (0) but when you scroll onto frame 1 you can see the center origin or I call it the pivot center is offset. (Maybe because of the path it's following is off center) so I'd start looking there. I'll mess with the file as well and if I find out what the deal is I'll let you know! :)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

Yeah, it defiantly has something to do with the origin point of layer four Maxwell. When I go to frame 1 and set the origin into the center of you clock it seems to render fine except that finding the exact center it hard since having your inner object follow a path, it offsets the grid. You'll have to manually keep moving the center origin of layer 4 until it looks right I think.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

i might try that thank you