...Easy and Quick Manipulable Arrows?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

...Easy and Quick Manipulable Arrows?

Post by Rai López »

:arrow: Well, this can seems easy but for now I can't get it in the way that I want... When I draw an arrow, let's say with Arrow tool i.e. (but any other arrow shape can be used), and I want aim something I need several steps to get the arrow maintain his correct form... Basically I need can move the arrow head and aim anything draging it in only one step (like in Freehand or another similar app), not rotating it but only moving his head meantime the tail stay static in one point, and here is the main problem, because the arrow head lost his alignment with the tail when it is translated... I'm now involved in Storyboard processing inside Moho (the perfect program for do it if Moho would supports simple adio editing :( , but well...) and I'd need can manipulate that arrows (sometime even several arrow heads at a time) in the most quickly way... I've been trying it with bones manipulation, constraints and even manipulating targering embedded script to rotate separate head layers automaticaly, but nothig... finally I've been wondering if somebody can show me some easy solution or idea ... if not :roll: , doesn't matter, :) THANK YOU :) anyway ...CIAO!
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

I have the same problem and didnt yet find a workaround.

I just create my own arrows with vector layers. :oops:
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

HELLO! :) Mmmm... but the problem is the same... If you create your own arrows needs at least two points to make the head, and when you move this (at least) two points, the alignment is broken... In other programas the head is part of the peak of the line (final end forms) and when you move this peak or extreme, the head maintain his form because it can't be modified or rotated... I've been trying to simulate this with Brushes too, but I don't find the way... Maybe "final ends" feature for strokes in moho it'd be a good Feature Request at last... Well, I'm "happy" at least cause I'm not totally alone in this search... :arrow: THANK YOU! :roll:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Try "Expression" (or whatever it's called now). This kind of stuff is built-in.

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hmmm... (again) THANKS! But I need that arrows in Moho not in another program... If I draw the arrows in another app and then import to Moho, the problem is the same, when I'd treat to translate the arrow head it will be distorted cause it is made with points, that is the problem... I know that any other "normal" program can do this kind of things without any problem, yes... but is Moho we are talking about :) (you know :wink: ) ...THANK YOU anyway! :D ...Uf, More I :idea: D :idea: E :idea: A :idea: S :idea: ?
Sevenmile

Post by Sevenmile »

I'm not even sure that I've understood what you want.. is it something like this?
http://forskarn.1go.dk/pil7.mov
Or am I totally lost?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:arrow: SORRY! I'm refering to another thing... I can't put an example, but you'll understand it perfectly if you draw an arrow since the corner to the center of the screen with the Arrow tool (i.e.), select the arrow head (only the head) and translate it to another position (translate it enough to make it obvious, Up and Down i.e.) like if you would want to aim something in a certain point of the screen (to indicate "since here to there"), very usual in storyboarding works, cause of this I'm SO worried about the most quickly way to do it... (Ah! ...THANK YOU for your time :) )
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Hi Ramon,

I see you're still working hard at one of your "One-Handed-Tricks" .
Using the other hand preparing "Gazpacho" ?
Just joking -
Can't you just add a point at the beginning
of your arrowhead - select all the headpoints - and turn it.

Cheers
Nolan
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:lol: JAJA :lol: I love your jokes! And I only hope you don't delete it this time ( :D PLEEEASE :D ) And... YEAH! If you can do something with only one click, why do it with two?? But well, the thing is much more complicated... but was difficult to my explain it, but I'll try it now: the problem is that I have four arrows since screen margen corners to the corners of another rectangle in the center of the screen (is to simulate the "Push In", "Drift In" and "Push Outs" in my storyboard in Moho, you know...) Well, what I want is can translate, escale and rotate the center rectangle and maintain the arrows aligned to his tails and to the corners... Nothing difficult with any other program but in Moho... I'm doing it now with a "complex" bone and controlated bones sistem that simplify the work to two clicks for all arrows at a time, yes, but never so easy like if I could translate the arrow heads with the rectangle and this maintain his original form like in any other software where the arrow heads are created by the "Final Ends" technique... I think that this can be easily solved with the proper Embeded Script, but I was trying and the results were very weird for now... Uf... Well, THANK YOU very much for you too and BYE! :D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...I'M GETTING!!! :D (I think) Well, little by little but I think I'll get it soon, uf... bone constraints, curious chains & parents, bone lock (here was the key) and more... you can't imagine how complicated can be something (a priori) so simple... But well, always there is a way, THANK YOU for your help & interest, I'll go on with work!!! :arrow: CIAO!
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Ramón López wrote:...I'M GETTING!!! :D (I think) Well, little by little but I think I'll get it soon, uf... bone constraints, curious chains & parents, bone lock (here was the key) and more... you can't imagine how complicated can be something (a priori) so simple... But well, always there is a way, THANK YOU for your help & interest, I'll go on with work!!! :arrow: CIAO!
Some new solutions and discoverages are always welcome :D
If you have a final version i would like to take a look at it.

Cheers 8)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...VERY WELL!!! :D I abandoed it because was so late... I'd have to want resolve it by Embedded Script, but I don't knew how to do it :( and I had to do it by a "complex" bone system :? ...I belive that I can simplify it and do it more confortable, yes... but I must invert a little time more, when I think that it's ready, I'll put it here for interesting/ed people :) CIAO!