Smart bones moving objects in a switch layer?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DrGhaedi

Smart bones moving objects in a switch layer?

Post by DrGhaedi »

Is is this possible? I've designed a very basic rig where I am using one of the stock mouth props in, which is packaged into a switch layer. Anyways, all I am trying to do is move the mouth via a smart bone. I have set up two actions and all seems fine. But as soon as I go back and try to test the results sure enough everything moves while the mouth stands still. Any suggestions?
just because nobody understands you does not make you an artist
Poptoogi

Re: Smart bones moving objects in a switch layer?

Post by Poptoogi »

I asked the same thing DrGhaedi! I discovered that smartbones do can NOT change switch layers in AS9. However, funksmaname pointed me to this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22830&p=125928#p125928 where Vern has made an amazing script that allows for this very thing to be possible. I'm not sure why this isn't just a feature in anime studio since it's incredibly useful and easy to use. Anyway, download the script, (comes in a zipped file) create a bone and name it the same as the switch layer you want to control, double click your bone layer and click the embed script file button, find and choose the hm_switch-layer-bone-control.lua (where ever you put it) and that's it!!! Go anywhere into your timeline and move the new switch layer control bone and it will cycle through your switch layers. It's badass!!!!!!!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
DrGhaedi

Re: Smart bones moving objects in a switch layer?

Post by DrGhaedi »

Guyver, you are the MAN! And monster kudos to Vern for this awesome script! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
just because nobody understands you does not make you an artist